Turkey Day

Turkey Day
Turkey day started off with a Family Fun run 5k. We took the "Family" part to mean cheering on Woody as he raced. Afterwords, the girls and I settled in for a couple hours of Macy's parade fun on the couch. We really needed to rest up some more before our binge eating that was to take place later that afternoon.

My mom and brother's family joined us for the feast. Thanks to The Pioneer Woman's step by step directions and help from my assistant cook Zoe, I was able to prepare a huge and yummy turkey.

After dinner, when we were all half asleep, the kids announced that it was game time. To our surprise, they made up a bunch of games for us to play in the basement, including pin the beak on the turkey, fast turkey (balancing things on our heads), and tic-tack-turkey. I loved their creativity!

Comments

  1. Did you do the PW Brine? We have done it the last two years and love it! We Brined for 3 days this year and it was even better. God love the Pioneer Woman. PS You look beautiful in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did her brine and mashed potatoes and I loved them both! I'll have to try the three day deal next year! Did you use a frozen or fresh turkey? She says not to use a frozen one, but I did anyways and it was great. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your turkey looks so good. I was thinking of getting a fresh turkey for New Year's, maybe I will try to brine it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a perfect holiday, thank you dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much perfection! Glad you have your family close.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment