First Piano Recital

First Piano Recital
Megan has been taking piano lessons this fall. Things didn't really click for her until she started to learn Christmas carols. Ever since she brought home that book, she sits down to practice about 15 times a day. I'm not kidding about this. It's been wonderful to hear her play.


Tanya had told me a month or two ago that I needed to put her recital on my calendar. I just assumed it would be this small affair at her instructors house. No, it was at a piano store in town that had a mini-recital hall. Her teacher had 18 student each performing a song. There were over 50 people in attendance! Holy cow...what pressure I was feeling for Megan!


When it was her turn, she confidently marched up to the front and played a beautiful rendition of "We Three Kings". Definitely a proud parent moment. A big thanks to the iPhone-toting, video-capturing Nana, so you get to see it for yourself:




Comments

  1. yahoo - with some more lesson she will someday be as good as her Daddy and Great GrandDaddy - then her teacher gave a special little talk about how Megan knew the whole Christmas book - yes I'm bragging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is in your heritage, Megan. I hope you get to sing in The Messiah someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, Megan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment