Skiing with the girls...

Skiing with the girls...
I ventured into the mountains last weekend for a ski day with my girls. The drive up flew by with a little help from Mary Poppins. Once we were nourished with a hearty breakfast of donuts and apple jacks, we hit the slopes. It was a glorious day, warm and sunny with a fresh layer of snow blanketing the mountain...Spring skiing at its finest. We skied hard for about 2 1/2 hours before we broke for lunch. The girls were cruising. Megan lead the way and I hung back with Zoe. I quickly realized that I had to teach Megan how to follow the signs after she almost went down the snowboard halfpipe area ahead of me.


After lunch, the girls really wanted to go on a blue run. So, I took them to one of my favorites, Jacques Pique. I had forgotten that it has some pretty steep spots. I can remember being in tears a couple times my dad took me down steep hills, but the girls handled it much better than I. Instead of tears, there was laughter. Zoe fell a couple times and looked up at me with a big smile and said "I'm sure not going to go on this Blue one again!" After that run, they were done. Completely tired out. So we packed up and headed home.


Skiing with my family is one of my favorite things to do. I LOVE it, and I'm so happy my girls LOVE it too. (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. This brings back so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to ski with you while the girls are still slow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment