The Plunge

The Plunge
Maybe it's this time in my life, the impact that living in Colorado has had on me, or the fact that my husband is a running fanatic, but whatever the reason, changes have been taking place in me. Not long ago I considered a four mile run to be incredibly long and questioned why anyone would want to run farther. Last weekend I ran 9 whole miles...at one time! Why, you ask? I'm training for the Denver 1/2 Marathon on October 18th.


13.1 miles is a lofty goal for me, but I'm actually enjoying the challenge of working towards it. I'm in the middle of a 10 week program, but I only look at it one week at a time so I don't get overwhelmed. Woody has been a great motivator and cheerleader who fills my water bottles and gives me courses to run.


Wish me luck tomorrow, as I attempt to complete a 10 mile run. AM I CRAZY?!! This will be my longest run before the race. (obviously posted by Tanya since a 1/2 marathon is way out of Woody's league)

Comments

  1. You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL I JUST SIGNED UP TO BE A VOLUNTEER! IT'S A START.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! You'll do great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stud!!! You'll do great and then you'll be able to be the perfect trainer and motivator for Kacey and I when we all do a 1/2 marathon in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment