Meet Cheyenne!

Meet Cheyenne!
Back in 1998, Tanya & I were living in Santa Barbara with her Dad for a short stint. As an avid hunter, the arrival of Fall meant one thing to Galen...deer & duck season. He was so excited about an upcoming trip to Wyoming with some of his hunting buddies. He returned a week later having bagged the biggest deer of his hunting career. Several months went by and the big fella finally arrived at his doorstep.


Well, being a part of that experience created a connection between us and the buck. When Tanya's mom moved out here a few weeks ago, she managed to find room in the moving truck for "Cheyenne". Yes, we just named him in honor of the capitol of Wyoming.


Well, Cheyenne has made it up on our wall, but we're not sure our family room is the best location for our new "pet". It's quite prominent and doesn't really match the decor or theme Tanya was going for.


What do you think?

Keep him there?

Find him a spot somewhere else?

Or are we crazy for having a deer mounted anywhere in our house?

Comments

  1. I certainly am not going to think your crazy - or I have to rethink the 42 years I had antelop, deer, grizzley bear, havelina and mountain goat in my house. When I was young (your age) I thought they were creepy, now it reminds me of the love Galen had for the outdoors and nature. Cheyenne is a good looking buck - bet he had lots of girlfriends. I'm sure Galen felt similar feelings in the hunt that those of you who run or play computer games or whatever your joy is - the euphora is the same this is his trophy. Thank you sweet andersons for giving cheyenne such a great spot to view your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I personally think any formerly live thing coming out of a wall is a little freaky. Perhaps the basement or garage would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! My parents have some sort of zebra hide hanging on their wall in CO...when in CO do as the COs do! Especially if it's honoring Tanya's dad! garage is a total insult

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's excellent (and I think we all know what Nick will say)! I especially love that he appears to be looking right out your back door. He's going to be so content sitting up there watching your ducks out there in the pond - see, that's just one more way that you and him will be connected, Woody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see the rest of the decor in the room, but otherwise I love it! If I could have a buck mounted in my dorm room here I would! :) He's gorgeous (interesting how he has a girly name though) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DON'T THINK CHEYENNE IS FEMININE - ITS THE CAPITOL OF WYOMING (WHICH IS WHERE THIS BUCK CAME FROM). SOME COWBOY DUDE FROM THE PAST I'M SURE WAS TRYING TO FIND A STRONG MASCULINE NAME FOR THE TOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cheyenne is definitely a feminine name. But here were the three choices we gave our girls. Cheyenne, Casper, or Laramie. I liked Casper, but the girls were adamant about Cheyenne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment