How to be a fish lessons...

How to be a fish lessons...
By the end of last Summer, Megan had mastered the shallow end of the pool. She was just beginning to dive down for rings and swim freestyle across short distances. This Summer is shaping up to be a different story.


Last week she started swim lessons and was thrown right into the deep end...literally. As soon as she got in, her teacher asked her to swim the distance of the BIG pool. I was perched on my lawn chair, ready to make a heroic dive to save her from the depths. Thankfully, and to my surprise, she made it all the way across. Not only once, but the several times she had to do it over the next 45 minutes.


It's been a week and she is doing an amazing job. She is quick to tell me each morning that she doesn't really want to go, but acts like a fish once she's in the water. She has learned the backstroke, freestyle and breaststroke thanks to her teenage teacher, Mr. Steven. I get a kick out Mr. Steven trying to talk to his class of six year olds each day. He cracks jokes that are just a bit over their heads, so they end up just staring at him with blank faces. It's pretty hilarious. (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. excellent Tanya and Megan - Megan will be ready for those islands trips to snorkel with the turtles and beautiful fish - hope I'm not too old to join in. This summer went on 3 snorkeling boat trips - at 66 no problem with swimming but pulling myself out of the water onto the boat - oh my. We might be aiming at beach dives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment