I thought it was Spring....

I thought it was Spring....
Spring is in the air. The weather is warm. Flowers are blooming. Trees are budding. The grass is turning green. And it all changed on Friday.


The snow started flying with the arrival of a Spring storm and it didn't stop until Saturday night. The total accumulation for our neigborhood was 16 inches of heavy, wet snow.


We really made the most of the storm by getting outside and enjoying it. Good times were had sledding, tossing snowballs & chatting with neighbors while the kids played.


The most depressing part of the storm came when I went out to use our snowblower to clear our driveway & sidewalk on Saturday morning. I've been very excited to use it for 2 years now since we've been lacking in the snow department. A few minutes into my fun, it broke. I happened to run over our buried morning newspaper and next thing I knew, confetti was spraying out. In the process a bolt snapped on the roter. I was so sad that my long awaited snowblowing fun was over so quickly. I was relegated to the back-breaking shovel for the rest of the weekend.

Comments

  1. At least you got a good workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Venezuela. It is very hot and trade winds every day. Beautiful, water is warm, people are friendly, miss you, Saturday it's off to St. Maarteen. Whose tulips?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment