The Mitten

The Mitten
Believe it or not, Megan was chosen to be the Narrator in her class presentation of The Mitten last week. This may come as a surprise to those of you who say hi to Megan only to see her face disappear behind my back. She did a fabulous job and I was so proud of her!


All the kids were supposed to bring a costume for themselves. She decided a Narrator should be in a fancy dress and chose to wear one that I wore in a wedding in the late 70's. Can you tell? Maybe she will end up being one of those shy types that only comes out of their shells when on stage. (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. I have to know, what are they wearing around their necks???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing her in that dress brought tears - she is just as beautiful and you were at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are microphones around their necks. The teachers wear them all the time. I guess it makes it easier for the kids in the back to hear. It also keeps the teachers from straining their voices. I guess technology has changed a bit since you were in the classroom Rachel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! I was really shy as a kid, too. Wherever my mom was, there I was also (usually holding her hand). I grew out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a Gunne Sax dress? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had started talking about those my last year. I think they would have been great for the kids to wear when they were up front, but it should be no surprise to you that I was never in need of a microphone, even at assemblies with 200 kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress as probably a Robinson's 2nd floor dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment