Banana Cones

Banana Cones
Megan got hungry after dinner the other night. Tanya was out so I was leading the troops. Well, since Megan hadn't eaten any fruit that day, I insisted on fruit before any other snack. That wasn't a popular decision. Whining began.


I offered each girl a half of banana. Megan continued whining and stating she would NOT eat it unless I sliced it up for her. That set me off a bit. I said, "Megan, you're 6 years old now. You eat a lot of things without them being cut up. If I gave you an ice cream cone, would you ask me to slice that up too?" BINGO! The lightbulb went off in my head.


Before she could respond, I grabbed our box of "mini-cones" and stuck each banana into the cone. The rest of the story is silence...as both girls happily ate their bananas without another word.

Comments

  1. Next time, have a bowl of brown sugar to dip the banana into... I bet they'll eat a whole banana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I'll have to give that a try next time my kids freak out about what I think is an appropriate snack. I wonder what other foods you can jam in cone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever clever - Grammie diping them in brown sdugar sounds yummy but might throw it out of the healthy snack catagory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woody, you might be onto something that could turn into a national craze. Very innovative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment