The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round
Friday marked a big passage for Megan (and maybe even more for Mommy) as she rode home from school on the bus! When I was convinced that she had memorized her bus name, number and the address of her bus drop off location, I nervously attached her tag to her backpack and prayed that she would be there when I went to meet her after school.


I know, maybe I over-reacted a bit, but this was a big deal for me. It's a right of passage into kid-hood. She was ready for it, just as she was to start Kindergarten, and she did a great job. Sounds like she even has some friends to sit with as well as two older "bus buddies". (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. SO glad she did well, yay! Our elementary school is less than a half mile from us, and in DPS you have to be at least a mile away to ride the bus. SO our kids won't get to do that. Growing up my dad was a teacher at the elementary school so I didn't get to ride the bus either, and I was so jealous of the kids that did! Riding the bus is fun!

    (If my husband is reading this, yes dear, I realize your hour-and-a-half ride each way to high school in the woods doesn't qualify as fun!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment