Compulsion...

Compulsion...
So here's a funny quirk about my wife...when she starts reading a book, she cannot put it down until its finished. She would tell you that generally, she doesn't like to read. But when she starts a book, there's no stopping her. You will find her all over in random places reading.


On Friday, I swung by the library on my way home from work and picked us up a couple books. For me...Monday Night Jihad by Jason Elam (former Broncos kicker). For Tanya...A Thousand Tomorrows by Karen Kingsbury.


Tanya didn't want me to get her a book, but I did anyway. True to form, she grabbed it and started right in. She was finished by Sunday evening...and that's with a full weekend of activities mixed in. In the same time period, I only made it to page 52 in my book.


Here she is "watching" the girls as they played in the backyard. Yes, she was reading in the standing position for quite some time.

Comments

  1. Way to go, Tanya... girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to be driven - as long as you are pointed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same disorder and hate to read. I love to read, but I hate to start a book since I know the outcome... me becoming a hermit until I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle CorneliusApril 21, 2008 at 2:12 PM

    Tanto, I love that picture! I'm the same way. And I love Karen Kingsbury! I'm currently waiting on her next new book due out in September. Want me to send you some?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multi task now while you cna - all you oldsters out there know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best part about that picture is the guilty smile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment