Not quite what I had planned...

Not quite what I had planned...
Things got off to a rocky start this weekend...but not because of the girls! They were awesome and we had a great time together. No, first thing Saturday morning I got an email alert from work indicating that one of our servers had shutdown. The processor fan had failed and the CPU overheated causing a shutdown. Not knowing the full extent of the problem, I packed the girls up (portable DVD player, snacks, drinks, etc) and we went on a field trip to Daddy's work. Not really what I had in mind for our day!


The great news is that we were out of there about 45 minutes after we arrived. The girls were actually sad we were leaving because they thought they were going to watch a movie! I was able to temporarily fix the problem until the replacement fan arrived this week (I had actually called for a replacement on Friday because it was making a high-pitched noise).


I brought the girls in our server room. It's really not that noisy in there, but being the dramatic girls they are...they had to act like I forced them on to an airport tarmac.

Comments

  1. Very funny! Because I worked out of the house the first 7 years of SharDecor - Tanya being 1-8 and Steve 5-12 - boy do I have some stories - and they would ALWYS happen when a client or two were there. Makes leaving the house to go to work a treat :-) (sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job braiding Megan's hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty funny Mom! It's more like, "Great job letting Megan sleep in the braids Tanya made the day before". I'm all about trying to squeak out another day so I don't have to try to "do" her hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment