New Look Megzo!

New Look Megzo!
This is cause for celebration! After nearly two years of posting, we've finally changed up the look of Megzo.


So we’ve decided to try out a new template for our site. What do you think? We’re not sure how we feel about it and would love your input. We can always flip the switch back to the old one if we want.


On the one hand, it’s a fresh, new look. When you move the mouse over the picture, a little box pops up that reveals the title of the picture. The comments input page is built in to the Home page, so there is no more popup window. If you use Firefox, the pictures fade in/out as you click to view previous posts. Because the template uses a grayish blue font, the hyperlinks stand out a bit better.


On the other hand, we’re not sure if it is too difficult to read the text. We’re also not sure if the white background takes some of the luster away from the picture. I always like how the old dark template made the pictures jump out.


What do you think?? We’ll run with this for awhile and see how it goes. You may come back some day and find the old template in place.

Comments

  1. I like the comment box being right here - the print is a little harder to read but not impossible - title of picture is cool but it seems I could find it easily before also - I like being able to look back at the past 6 postings easily - actually only negative is the white background - there seems to be more positives for my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went back and saw some of the pictures are still large - so I take the white background comment back and give this look 2 votes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat Woody. Nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comment box, the font is a little more difficult to read, but I should be wearing my glasses anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan. Usability is up, and more pictures to see across your sub nav. Nice work Woody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woody ~ On the fireworks picture, can you email me the camera settings you use? I'm curious what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the feedback! I may try to adjust the font size/color to help with readability.

    I forgot to mention that this picture was taken on our first night in New Hampshire. As we were sitting in my parents living room, we noticed this fireworks show further down the lake. The show went on for 30 minutes and was the best "private" fireworks show I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment