Fun around the house....part III

Fun around the house....part III
I had a little fun with Google's Picasa the other night. This older photo ended up looking cool, so here it is.


After many months of deliberations, Tanya & I decided to purchase a swing set for the girls. Swing sets these days are very expensive, so in order to save a lot of money, we decided to order one online and have it shipped to us. They claimed that even "handy-man challenged" people like me would have no problem putting it together since all the wood was numbered, pre-drilled and they provide detailed instructions.


The set arrived on Saturday and that night Tanya & I began the construction after we put the girls down. We made excellent progress and I was actually feeling proud of my ability to follow instructions. Once it was dark we called it quits.


We went back out last night and immediately hit "the wall". Holes were missing from where the instructions said they would be, other holes weren't lining up, the swing set was leaning to one side....it seemed everything was now going wrong. It really was. After an hour, we had not even turned a page of the instruction book.


So that's where we stand. Half a swing set is up and we're feeling very frustrated. Time to call a handyman??

Comments

  1. Where's the picture of the leaning swing set? I think the girls are at the perfect age for a swing set, I am sure it will bring loads of summer fun and winter longing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see the picture of the leaning swing set also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on the installation - the two of you will get it and then be so proud of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment