What a find!!

What a find!!
Our big outing on Saturday was to a....fish hatchery! The lady I spoke with at the forest service visitors center said it was a must for young kids. I was a little suspicious, but there are not a lot of other options in Leadville.

The hatchery was a big success. Not because of the many trout we saw. No, they had a nature trail that lead us through the forest to a picnic area near a few small lakes. This was no ordinary picnic area. It was nestled in the forest with a play area camouflaged into the woods. Swings, see-saws, volleyball and more! Yet it all blended into the woods so well, it was hard to see them.

Some people like going on hikes to peaks. I think our girls like hiking that brings them to a playground! I would have to agree. This swing set was very tall and allowed for long swings back and forth. Megan giggled so much because my pushing got her so high. Tanya didn't like my attempts to go perpendicular to the ground.

Comments

  1. That must have been cool! Did you go so high that the swing chain did that "cha-chink" sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats impressive...not that I encourage it Tanya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment