Lil' Rock Climbers

Lil' Rock Climbers
One of the things that I love about our girls is that they enjoy climbing on rocks. It's something that I've done ever since I can remember and still love to do. I'm not into rock climbing in the ropes and carabiners sense. No...just hopping from rock to rock...especially around streams.

I grew up regularly going to a place in New Hampshire called "Sculptured Rocks". It is not a major tourist destination. In fact, it is completely off the beaten path (if there is one in NH). Sculptured Rocks is a peaceful place. The rocks carved by the rushing water over thousands of years are spectacular.

Just upstream from the main rocks, the river gently flows with an abundance of rocks to hop around on. It's weird to have a special place like this that I went to often as a young kid...that I took Tanya to while we were dating...and have since brought Megan to...and hope to bring both girls there this summer.

Here's a site I found with some photos: Sculptured Rocks. Once there, click on the links for Photos 1-6!

Comments

  1. Mee too Woody. Dad used to take TL and I to some places in No Cal, near Mammoth and in Yosemitie. Great rock clusters, beautiful, fun to climb in and on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when Dad wanted us to come back to him, he would say, "watch out for the snakes!" It did the trick every time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment