Christmas Performance

Christmas Performance
Tanya's thoughts:

Last Thursday was the big day and Megan shined like a star up there on the stage. I'm proud to say that she didn't lift her skirt up or stare blankly into the crowd...she actually sang her little heart out while she did her hand motions. We are proud!

Woody's thoughts:

I showed up at Megan's performance and took my spot along the back wall with the other paparazzi parents. I was so proud as Megan filed in with her class. She sat in the second row and would turn around every few minutes and wave and smile at me. I loved it and she looked so cute. Even when it was her turn to head up on stage, she would still look for us and wave excitedly. It occurred to me that it will not always be this way. I believe there's a "Parents aren't cool" stage. One day we will be going to something she is performing in...and she will not be so excited to see us. In fact, she may even act like we're not there! I guess it made me appreciate the moment (and these days) all the more.

Comments

  1. I also enjoyed going to the performance - but I was so surprised after it was over you telling me there were other children there! I only had eyes for Megan. Yes, Woody, "parents aren't so cool" time does come along, but you have years before that will happen (if it does) - It is all part of the journey - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents are always cool if they remember to bring flowers for the performer. My parents forgot at one of my recitals and I was devastated to be the only dancer without a bouquet. Needless to say, they never ever forgot again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment