Blizzard Recap

Blizzard Recap
What a ride this blizzard took us on. Not really, but I like to say that to build up the excitement.

33 inches plus a little more is what we ended up with. I shoveled our driveway twice on Wednesday and then gave up due to the wind blowing drifts immediately on what I just shoveled. We woke up Thursday morning to no wind…but about 14-16 more inches of snow on the driveway. I got a little bummed out about the hours it was going to take to clear it. Then, my new hero (and next door neighbor), Gary, started snow blowing our driveway with his new blower. It was awesome and I’m so thankful for his willingness to do it!

Other fun & strange experiences:

- Watching Lucy go potty on our deck because if she tried to venture down the stairs, the snow was over her head.
- Watching the one lone snow plow come down our street…get stuck…need assistance getting free…and then disappearing and never returning.
- Watching another neighbor single handedly snow blow a path for cars to get out of our street.
- A snowmobile, cross country skier & kids with snowboards cruise up and down our street?
- Clearing the driveway and having access to the road, but realizing there is no where to go since everything was closed!

I threw together a quick slideshow of our day. Check it out on our slideshow page!

In other news…

- Tonight I’m going to witness AI…the Answer…yes, Allen Iverson’s debut as a Nugget! I’m feeling pretty good about the trade. I hope it works out for the Nuggets!
- My sister and her family arrive tomorrow for the holidays. We’re so excited to have them come visit!

Comments

  1. How FUN that snow looks. I love being snowed in. Yippie for a white christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great slideshow. our neighbors have been out in force today helping each other out as there is still no real way out of our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be glad your not still here in Santa Barbara... It almost got down to 38 degrees the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome slideshow. I especially love the pics with the girls next to each other in the snow pile. KEEPERS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment