Flashback - September 2004

Flashback - September 2004
I used to work just down the street from a used toy store. For about a week, I drove home from work admiring this police car that the store owner had on display on the sidewalk. Finally, I pulled over to check it out on a lunch break. $15 was all he wanted for it. I got such an overwhelming excitement to surprise Megan with the car, that I bought it.

All afternoon at work, I was so giddy to hurry home and give her the unexpected gift. I left it right outside our front door while we ate dinner. When we finished, I brought Megan over to the door for the surprise. It was awesome. She loved it. For a few days she did just about everything in that car. She ate, read books...you name it and she tried to accomplish it without leaving the confines of her new wheels.

Comments

  1. Good Daddy! Remember all those pine needles from that old big tree? Bet you don't miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scepticle self thought you were going to say it was stolen when you took Megan outside. This would be wildly ironic since it is a police car afterall. Your version had a much happier ending.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment