Wipe out....

Wipe out....
I got the pleasure of taking Megan on her first tube ride. Thanks to a neighbor who offered her boat to our family for the week, all the kids and adults got to hit the water several times.

Megan was very tentative and didn't want to go at first. I finally convinced her that it was not an option to say no. Once we got going, she LOVED it! In fact, she did not want to stop and give someone else a turn. At the beginning, her hands were gripped tight on the handles. After about 2 minutes, she was clapping, waving at Anne & Emma in the boat and singing with me.

Fortunately there were no wipe outs. That may have been a little too traumatizing for her!

I did get one solo tube ride with Wes doing what he could to get me off! What a wild ride! There were definite moments I feared for my life, but I'm proud to say that I was not defeated. I hung on until my muscles could take no more.

Comments

  1. Alpine slides, water slides, and now this! You may regret this when she is asking you to sign a permission slip for her to go bungi jumping at 16! That's waht I sprung on my parents. They eventually gave in and their little dare devil was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this picture. I prefer tubing over all other boatin activity...I always start laughing so hard I can't stop. Go Megan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment