Got the bug...

Got the bug...
I can't put my finger on it, but I really like this picture.

Anyway, I know I said back in May that running in the 1/2 marathon would be my first and last. Well, I lied about the 'last' part. I took some time off from running and rested my knee...to the tune of 2.5 months. A few weeks ago I started jogging again and my knee feels fine.

I got on the website for the Denver 1/2 marathon on 10/15 and the bug bit. I signed up. I've got two things going for me with this race. One, it's flat (for the most part). The other race was 75% uphill, which stunk. Two, the entire race is run in downtown Denver. The other race only had a small portion that took place downtown. It was fun running through the streets of the city with the tall buildings surrounding you.

So there you have it. I'm back at the training thing and hope I don't go and tweak my knee again a week before the race.

The real reason I'm doing this is that I just read that Colorado is the 'leanest state' in the nation. I feel I need to do my part to justify the title!

Comments

  1. i get the biggest kick out of megan...such a character

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that too about Colorado. It kinda bummed me out as I haven't felt lean since before I had Aubrey. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. the girls couldn't be any cuter. both of their expressions seem so typical of them. they're both exploding with individual personality. i miss you all lots. much love to all, especially tan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment