What a performance...

What a performance...
Last week Megan spent each day at our church's Vacation Bible School. She loved it! She'd come home singing songs and raving about her teacher, Miss Ann.

We found out at the end of the week, that all the kids that went to VBS were going to be up front in church on Sunday singing three of the songs they had learned that week. I was so excited. I love when the kids sing at church and finally our daughter would be amongst the group!

Tanya & I snagged a 2nd row seat...a mere 10 feet away from Megan who was standing in the front row right next to her friend David. Once she saw us, her face lit up and waved as we smiled and waved back.

As the singing began, they also played a VBS slideshow on the screen behind the kids. Megan wasn't really singing, but instead she started doing other things...like waving, hugging David and turning her back to the congregation to watch the slideshow. Then the worst happened...she started playing with her dress...and voila...the dress comes flying up to reveal her undies. Oblivious to what she was doing, Megan proceeded to put on quite a show...making Tanya & I wish we never sat so close!

Comments

  1. I am laughing so hard I'm crying. I so wish you had a movie of this. When I was three I was suppose to walk up front in church & sing a song by myself. The story goes I walked up the side aisle & had to walk past the Chrismas tree on the way to the front & center. I proceeded to touch every ornament at my level as I sloooowly moved along - I heard about the embarsement that caused my folks for at least 50 years - but always with a laugh. Way to go Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things about seeing kids sing in church is that one or two kids who do some funny stuff and make everyone laugh. I had never thought about what that must be like for the parents. It's definitely embarassing...but a good kind of embarassing. After the kids sang, we had a coffee break and a bunch of people made funny comments about Megan, so I know it wasn't just us who noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how Sharon calls them "movies" Very cute story, I cannot wait for Aubrey to show the whole church her undies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Rachel is too young to understand reel to reel movie makers. Not that I am that much older...but I have "scene" quite a few. I am so clever. Brewahahah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment