The one that got away...

The one that got away...
About a week ago, I was putting Megan to bed and we began talking about what we were going to do in the morning. She reminded me that I would put on my work clothes and then put on a tie. I sighed. She then announced, 'I would like to pick out the tie that you are going to wear to work.' Thinking that would be harmless and fun, I agreed to her request.

The next morning came and Megan did not forget my promise. She marched into our closet and said, 'Daddy, you are going to wear the fish tie today!' I was a little stumped at first since I didn't know which tie she was referring to. How silly of me. Megan found the gag fish tie stuffed in a corner of the closet that was a hand-me-down from Tanya's dad (a true fishing fanatic). I've been holding on to it just for fun...never to actually wear.

Well the gag tie became a crisis. On the one hand I had promised Megan I'd wear her choice, and on the other, I could not show up at work with that wretched tie around my neck. Megan watched as I wrapped the fish around my neck...giggling all the while. What she didn't see was me stuffing another tie into my pocket for the quick swap-a-roo in the car.

As the day went on, I forgot about the morning events. When I came home that evening and walked in the door, Megan froze in her tracks and asked me where the fish tie was?? I got caught. I felt like the biggest loser Dad around. Fortunately, Megan was gracious and forgave me for breaking my promise.

Comments

  1. Yet another great Megan story. And for the record, I think you shoul have worn the tie to work!! That would've spiced up everybody's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish tie for the win! You should have worn that to work.
    Expect more gag ties from me for Christmas, Megan Im sure will appreciate a larger selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woody, I'm agreeing with the majority! Wear the tie to work - Galen wore it to the pentagon for a meeting! I was the one that originally got that tie! I love it, especially with fishnet stockings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment