The Highlight...

The Highlight...
We did a lot of fun things with Wes & Anne during their visit, but the Alpine Slide at Winter Park was my favorite! We took a day to drive into the mountains and play. Prior to the slide, we took the chairlift up for great views and some trekking around up high. After a quick lunch, we got in line at the slide.

I had never been on an alpine slide before, but after this experience, I can tell you it won't be my last. This slide had two tracks, a fast & slow track. Zoe and I followed behind Wes & Nate on the fast one and made sure our ride down would live up to the name of the track. I was worried that the speed and turns were freaking Zoe out, but halfway down I heard a loud 'Wheeeeee' and then I knew she was having as much fun as me.

The most impressive thing about the whole experience was Nate. Since he was five years old and taller than 48 inches, he got to ride on his own sled. We thought he might have some trouble or be tentative about having to manage his own sled controls. Nope. That kid flew down the mountain. I was behind him and thought I'd catch up to him after each turn...but from the moment he left, I didn't see him until we reached the bottom. The smile on his face at the bottom was HUGE!

This picture features Anne & Emma in front followed by Tanya & Megan.

Comments

Post a Comment