Flashback - June 2005

Flashback - June 2005
One year ago today we arrived in Colorado. What a wild ride this has been and never did we expect that life would turn out the way it has. We are thankful. I look at this picture and a flood of amazing memories come to mind...

We pulled up to our empty apartment and spent the next 2 days living on the floor before the movers arrived. Our apartment was so small that 2/3 of our belongings had to remain in the one car garage below us. Zoe wasn't crawling yet. Megan seemed so little.

The next seven weeks were so much fun as a family. I wasn't working which helps. We explored, went house shopping and played a lot. Day trips to Estes Park & Lake Dillon were beautiful. A day at the Georgetown Loop Railroad, Renaissance Fesitival, Tiny Town, Denver Zoo, Pirate's Cove Waterpark & Children's Museum all helped us feel more connected to our new surroundings.

One of the things I liked most was having the time to do things with the girls that I just can't do working full-time. Some of those highlights were: Dad & Megan at My Gym classes, taking Megan to get a haircut (can you believe Tanya trusted me to do this?), heading to the apartment pool each afternoon for a swim.

We are thankful for each and everyone of you 'locals' that have welcomed us and made this quickly feel like home.

Comments

  1. Amazing that it's already been a year. I am so glad to see how blessed you guys have been during this time. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. a year? no way. either way, we still miss you guys. dbn misses you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CO is a better place with the Andersons around...although anywhere the Andersons are, it is a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know SUlly (I think) but I agree with him. But the move seems like 5 years ago for me and I miss all of you a bushel and a peck , all the time. Oh those Nanas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment