Hot Water

Hot Water
On Saturday, we ventured back into Glenwood Springs to visit the historic Hot Springs pool. It is the main attraction in the town. In fact, I read that it is the largest hot springs pool in the world?!? The main pool is kept at about 90 degrees, but out of view is another large pool (aka the therapeutic pool) that is a little toastier at 104 degrees. I also read that the water comes out of the ground at around 122 degrees, so they have to add fresh (cold) water to cool it down to a tolerable temp.


The girls had a grand experience. Probably the highlight of the trip for them both. You'll notice at the very end of the pool there is a green waterslide. Don't be fooled by it's small size. It actually goes far up the hill. It is one of those slides you ride down on an innertube. Scott & I took the girls on their first ever waterslide run. Megan was very tentative, but agreed to go since Kelsey was going. She started screaming and wanted to turn back when we got to the top because she saw a waterfall cascading over the opening of the slide. I assured her I would cover her eyes as we went through. The slide was intense! I felt like we were in the Olympic luge competition and was afraid that I was traumatizing Megan. Well, I was. By no means was she going to go for a second run. (Posted by Woody)


After Woody and Megan took a run, I wanted to get into the action. After 20 minutes had passed, I carried Megan and the tube up and up and up the stairs to the top. As soon as we were released down the slide, Megan overcame her fear and threw her little arms up in the air. I think I was holding on for dear life, screaming and laughing the entire way! It was so much fun. (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. You guys always seem to find the neatest places to go!
    Santa Maria finally got a Chuck E. Cheese...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you camp! What a beautiful view from the pool too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment