Point of Interest...

Point of Interest...
Parenting can be so humbling. It amazing how many times you do something in front of your kids, or ask them to do something...and then it totally backfires leaving you wishing you didn't go there. I know hindsight is 20/20, but why does parenting make you partially blind to begin with?

For example, last weekend we were walking back to the car after spending some time at the park. Tanya was walking ahead of us, so I instructed Megan to run up behind Mommy and tickle her 'bum-bum'. Well, that was wildly fun for Megan and now she is frequently announcing to whoever will listen that she likes to tickle Mommy's bum-bum!

Or how about...one day a few weeks ago, we were out and about when somehow a big boogie ended up on Megan's finger. Without anything to wipe it on, I instructed Megan to wipe it on her shirt. Mind you her shirt was filthy with all kinds of food and unknown substances on it. Well, my brief suggestion has become law in her mind and all boogies now go straight to the shirt. Tanya has tried to get her to stop, but she always responds, 'No Mommy, Daddy told me it's okay to wipe all my boogies on my shirt!'

Do you have any good 'backfire' stories to share?

Comments

  1. Oh Woody, thanks for the pointers. I'll try to avoid those two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Woody - how much time do you have? I am the queen of backfires!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment