HR Easter Egg Hunt

HR Easter Egg Hunt
I got a clear picture of just how many kids are in Highlands Ranch when I took Megan to the Easter Egg Hunt this weekend. We had to park about a 1/4 mile away from the field (and I got a pretty good spot!). After a brisk 'hike' on some dirt trails, we arrived just in time to see about 300 1-3 year olds released from the starting line. Megan and I jumped into the fun. Let me tell ya, some of those parents out there were a little too competitive for me. One mom walking beside us took a peek at Megan's basket and said 'oh, she didn't do so well, where were you mom?' Taken back a bit, I replied 'She's happy and that's all I care about'. Remember, it's a KIDS hunt! Anyways, Megan found six eggs before they all vanished and she was satisfied...well, except for the red egg she opened that was empty. She surveyed all the insides and we headed home. Overall, the travel time took 25 mintues and the hunt took about 3. (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. That other mom was not nice at all! You handled her with tact though. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That basket is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment