The Ridge...

The Ridge...
Well, here it is. I would have posted a picture sooner, but I felt that taking one in our garage or driveway just wouldn't do it justice. Thanks to Megan's announcement, 'I have to go pee-pee', we pulled over on top of the Continental Divide...the Berthoud Pass (elevation 11,300 feet) on our return from Winter Park. Seemed like the perfect photo spot to me. The truck was also way too clean, but after a weekend in the snow, I got it nice and messy so it looks like a rough and tough driving machine.

On our way back to the cabin after our first day of skiing, my windshield had a little tussle with a rock kicked up from the car in front of me. The rock won. Yup, seven days into having a new car, I got my first big chip in the windshield. Fortunately it hasn't spread...yet. When it happened Tanya & I could see the crack immediately...there was silence. Then I muttered, 'Bummer'. Had we not been returning from a full day of skiing, I think I would have been much more upset, but at that point I was way too tired to display any true emotion.

Comments

  1. now THAT is a TRUCK. Nice you guys! Guess this means you're staying in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That truck would work just fine on 101!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment