Turin or Torino?

Turin or Torino?
We were watching the Olympic figure skating last week. It was the couples event. The pair from China were the last to compete. About 20 seconds into their program, they attempted their first aerial toss and the woman fell hard. I thought they were going to need a stretcher, but she got up and after shaking it off for a minute or two, they finished their routine...and ended up getting the silver medal!

We told Megan that someday she could take up figure skating just like the people on the TV. She replied, 'No, I don't want to do that, because I don't want to spend time with a boy.' Oh what music that was to her Dad's ears! Just prior to the pair finishing the performance, Megan announced, 'Daddy, I want to see them get knocked over again.' Somehow her figure skating and football worlds collided for a brief moment. Maybe Megan is going to be a hockey player??

Can someone explain to me why they call it the Turin Games, but then I see 'Torino' on all their uniforms and on TV?? As you can tell, I haven't really been into the Olympics this year.

Comments