Bed of Nails

Bed of Nails
I thought it was cool how the snow rests gently on the tips of the blue spruce needles.

Monday night was my first good nights sleep in a long time. I caught Tanya's flu and had several back to back crummy sleeping experiences. It's amazing how much you appreciate just sleeping straight through the night when you haven't done it in awhile. I have one of those CD alarm clocks. I've woken up to the same CD now for over a year...Joshua Kadison's 'Painted Desert Serenade'. No, I'm not a big JK fan...just lazy and never think about swapping it out. The first song on the CD is titled 'Jessie'. Most mornings I awake to the sound of the CD spinning just before the music starts. Promptly I whack the snooze button, but sometimes I lag and listen to the 20 second piano intro before I snooze it. Rarely, do I ever hear JK break into song. This morning? For the first time...JK got all the way to the chorus, before I snoozed. That's just how beautiful my sleep was.

Comments

  1. Has anyone ever told you you're a weirdo Woody? =b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday...one person...my wife. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment