Camp Adventure

The girls had an amazingly fantastic week at camp this summer.  I'll be honest, I was nervous for weeks leading up to it and constantly reminded them of what they would need to do for themselves when they were without me.  "Make sure" I repeated myself over and over..."make sure you get sunscreen all over your face",  or "make sure you eat what is served", and "make sure to brush your teeth".

Thankfully all of my nerves were calmed the minute I drove into the camp parking lot.  I was greeted by amazing counselors and staff and I knew this was going to be a wonderful experience for all of us.



A week later, I was greeted by two dirty, tanned and joyful kids.  I was so excited to hear about their experience and I was grateful to know that they had been loved and cared for so well up there.  They literally talked for two hours straight, telling me all about it.  Then they both fell asleep for the rest of the car ride home.



Megan with her awesome counselors.



Zoe's cool cabin.



Megan getting into their "nerd" theme and playing a life size scrabble game.  I absolutely love this photo.  It makes me giggle every time I see it.



The Lake, where many fun times were had on the blob, giant slip-n-slide and zip-line.  It was hard leaving, I want to go to camp!

Comments

Post a Comment