Delicate Arch Hike

Delicate Arch Hike
Since there wasn't any place to cheer on Woody between the start and finish of his race, the girls and I had several hours to explore by ourselves. First off, we fueled up at McDonald's with a hearty breakfast. Then we headed into Arches National Park. I haven't been hiking with the girls in a while, and I wasn't sure how well they would handle a three mile hike. Woody warned me to plan for a mile an hour, but by the time we got to the trail head we only had two hours. I decided to go for it and see how far we could get. Lo and behold, we made it all the way and back in plenty of time to see our hero finish his race.

I had a wonderful time with my girls. They had their Jr. Park Ranger guides in hand and were thrilled to fill them out along the way. One of my favorite things about hiking is the conversations that ensue. While heading back down the trail, this little one came out of nowhere and made me chuckle...

Megan: Mom, you know what I got from dad?

Me: What?

Megan: I got his speed for running and his ability to play tricks on people.

Me: You sure did sweetie, and what did you get from me?

Megan: (thinking for a moment, then shrugging her shoulders) I guess just being a girl.

Comments

  1. dangerous game, best to ask those questions when its mothers day or your birthday so they are qued thats its a day to say something nice to your sweet mom who gave you "life" so you can run fast and play tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the bottom right picture was of a guy on one knee proposing to his girlfriend under the arch! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment