Viva La Fiesta

Viva La Fiesta
The first week of August is Fiesta in Santa Barbara, which is basically a week long party celebrating their Spanish heritage. My love for Fiesta started when I rode in the parade on my red tricycle as a kid, and it flourished over the years. So many fun memories were made...my Dad enjoying his huge dripping butter corn-on-the-cob, my mom dancing to the mariachi bands, strolling around downtown with friends listening to the free concerts, and watching the beautiful flamenco dancers on the Mission steps. It's awesome. I miss it, can you tell?


One of my favorite things about Fiesta was the confetti eggs. So, I decided we should make some of our own to celebrate Fiesta from CO. The girls sat diligently and hole punched paper for what seemed like hours. Once the eggs were secure, we waited for our unsuspecting victim to come home from work...surprise Woody, VIVA LA FIESTA!!

Comments

Post a Comment