13 years!

13 years!
Tanya & I are celebrating 13 years of marriage today! While in Hawaii, we went out for dinner to celebrate. We drove down to Lahaina and ate at the Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. We ate there on our honeymoon and had a memorable experience that we did NOT want to relive. During the honeymoon dinner, Tanya took a break from eating her fried rice and stuck her chopsticks in the rice. The chef reached out, grabbed them, and slammed them down on the table saying, "No chopsticks in rice". Too shell-shocked to ask why, we later found out it is an insult to them.


I'm pleased to say our dinner this time was delicious and uneventful.


The other day, I asked the girls a few questions about dating/marriage. Just thought I'd get a bearing on what they are thinking. Here's what they said:


?: How do you decide who to marry?
M: You go on dates with them. They're the right one if you think they are.
Z: I'll probably decide a boy. I'll meet them at school.


?: What is the right age to get married?
M: Um....20.
Z: Twenty!!!


?: What do most people do on a date?
M: Talk and eat food. Chicken and spaghetti. Maybe sometimes you go to a movie.
Z: Go out to ice cream. Eat Dinner? Drink water, Sprite, milk, cocoa...hot cocoa! Yum!


?: When is it okay to kiss someone?
M: When you know them.
Z: When they're in your family.


?: Is it better to be married or not married?
M: Unmarried! Because you get to be free. (giggle)
Z: Married! Because you get a person to be with forever all your life. And that's fun!


I'm with Zoe on this one. I'm so thankful that I get to be with the most fun person "forever all my life."

Comments

  1. Congrats on 13 years! Mike wants to know if you made it back to the "gheto" hotel on Kahnapalli Beach? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your interviews! I am so glad you two found each other - looks like kissing strangers is out and
    getting married at 20 is in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tirzah - we did walk by to show the girls, but tried to move quickly to avoid the riffraff hanging out at that whale shaped pool. Haha! The Kaanapali Ghetto...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment