Dreaming of Pikes

Dreaming of Pikes
Tanya snapped this picture back in May when we made a family trip to Daniels Park one evening. I must have fallen into a trance staring out at the snow-covered Pikes Peak off in the distance.


This Sunday is the Pikes Peak Marathon (PPM) and I'm heading back down for another showdown with this mountain. I was very happy with my first PPM last year, but feel I can run it better, and will shoot for a time closer to five hours.


As I stated last year, running in the PPM is a marvelous experience and I feel fortunate to have the time, money, and fitness to do so. On the PPM website's message board, several runners were sharing about their overflowing excitement for raceday. One guy said, "It's like being a kid the night before Christmas all over again!" That sums it up for me. I'm a ball of nervous excitement!


My aunt Hildy tipped me off to an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal this week about the growing interest in trail running. It singles out the PPM and shows some scary pictures. Check it out and maybe you'll catch the trail running bug: Making Marathons Even Tougher

Comments