Purple Mountain Majesties

Purple Mountain Majesties
I went down to Pikes Peak on Saturday for a long training run. It was a perfect day and everything about the run was shaping up to be one of my best efforts. Then came a nasty fall with about three miles to go. I tripped on a rock and crashed into the gravel causing many deep scraps & cuts. Thankfully it was nothing more than that, and after bandaging up, I was back on the trail in order to finish what I started.


Unfortunately, the wounds from my fall caused our Father's Day plans of going kayaking to change. There was no way I would have been able to hold the paddle. A lazy beach day with Tanya & the girls ended up being just what I needed!


This shot was taken about a mile before the halfway point of the ascent. If you want to read more, check out CO-Runner .

Comments

  1. You remind me of the song from the old days Frank Sinatra "high Hopes" - pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start all over again" - not everyone can do that - good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment