$14

$14
Proud parent moment here! Megan has been saving up her allowance for a long time in order to get Natalie's (her AG doll) ears pierced. She also worked very hard giving Grampie foot rubs for quarters while we were in Boston. I tried to tell her I would pierce Natalie's ears for much less, but she wasn't to be swayed. This was my very first visit to the AG store, and I learned they have a salon where you can drop your doll off for "treatments". It's a little over the top if you ask me, but I can see how little girls think this place is the bomb.


Megan saved up $14 and change and brought it all to the store. When it came time to pay, all her one dollar bills and coins came out on the counter. The total came to $14.96. After counting her coins, she realized she was 12 cents short, so she got a little loan from me and gave the attendant the correct amount. She rocked!


It was cute to see how proud she was for delaying her gratification and working towards a purchase. There were many things over the last month or so that she was tempted to spend her money on.

Comments

  1. Will she be saving her money to get HER ears pierced next? That conversation has already started over here and I just keep talking about how they use a gun to do it. That should hold them off for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, your funny. I was offering Megan some of my earrings and she assured me that american girl says you can only use ag earrings on you doll. fiddlesticks says nana; good marketing says ag. Kaie said I could hurt the dolls ears if I used my earrings - then we had the discussion of doll versus human ears. She won I will keep my earings until her ears are pierced. I guess rejection wasn't just a parenting experience, it has the trickel down effect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment