New Pet?

New Pet?
Rocky has been in dog obedience class each Thursday for the last month at Petsmart. Tanya is the chief family trainer, while I wander the store with the girls looking at all the cool stuff...including hairless rats! Did you know they came in the hairless flavor?


Our first week there, Megan & Zoe began concocting a plan to buy a mouse with their allowance money. It was $6. I informed them that it is actually more expensive than the price of the mouse, after having to buy a cage, food, etc. I figured they'd drop the idea since they're left with $1.00 a week after putting some aside for savings and giving to church. No, they spent a good 45 minutes wandering the small pet aisle calculating how much everything would cost and how long they would have to save.


After learning of their plan, Tanya was quite upset that I didn't squash the idea from the beginning...but instead let them continue with their mouse dream. What harm is there in bringing a little Mickey or Minnie into our family?? I'm with the girls on this one!


Since I wouldn't do it, Tanya brought the hammer down. The idea is off the table...at least for now!

Comments

  1. I had two pet rats in college and they are great pets. So friendly, no biting, just plain sweet. They would just cuddle up on my neck and hang out while I read a book. I've heard mice are not as smart, but I would be all for a rat if our girls were interested. Just some food for thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the air over this one - we had hampsters and they kept dieing. Even Michael sang to a rat. Go for it Tanya, it won't last long. If they pay for everything and care for it. I think best to let them save up for 40 weeks and see if their are still interested. I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Ms. I like to ride horses -- it's a small rodent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment