Osprey & Beavers & Ducks & Goats...oh my!

Osprey & Beavers & Ducks & Goats...oh my!
My new favorite thing when we go camping is to strike up a conversation with the campground hosts. They are are always super nice and a goldmine of information and stories. On this trip, the host told me about a spot across the lake where I could find osprey nests & beavers in the marsh.


Sure enough, we found the osprey. They are beautiful birds with a very unique call.


The beavers were spotted in the early morning. One beaver wouldn't let me get within 100 feet of him. He'd slap his tail on the water and dive below. The second beaver I came across was much more cordial. I kept my distance, but we cruised around together for about 10 minutes.


The mountain goat appeared on Saturday morning when Scott & I went for a run. We were jogging up the bike path from Frisco to Copper when we noticed a large white dog with no owner in the middle of the path. As we got closer, it became apparent that "dog" was quite tall and his fur was all knappy. It shot off the path and up a steep slope....an odd thing for a dog to do.

Comments