Scooters

Scooters
Last Fall, we decided that we would put Megan in the Scooters program at Copper Mtn this February. The program consists of three consecutive Saturdays of ski classes. We thought the consistency approach would be best for Megan to learn.


Her first session was on Saturday. She was such a trooper hopping right into her class of six kids. She loved her instructor, Miss Lindsey.


When we went to pick her up, much to our dismay...we found her sitting around...eating snow...while all the other kids were practicing on the bunny slope. I guess she got tired out from the long day.


We'll see if this coming Saturday finds her with a little more stamina!

Comments

  1. How fun! And I agree with Tirzah, I love the polka dotted skis.

    When I started skiing---a little later than Megan, in 4th grade---I would spend the time after class sidestepping up the bunny hill and skiing down. There was no rope tow and the ski lift intimidated me even though we used it in ski school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ski School has changed quite a bit from what you described Sheryl! They now have a "Magic Carpet" on the bunny hill.

    The magic carpet is a long, slow-moving treadmill/conveyor belt that is built into the ground. The kids waddle over to it with their skis on and ride to the top and then step off. It's a brilliant idea! I'll post a picture of it next week...that is if I can catch Megan on it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment