Made my day...

Made my day...
At the end of Megan's class, I met her at the Kokomo chairlift. I fully expected that she would be pooped out and want to go home.


To my surprise, she asked me to take her on the chairlift for a few more runs. I was caught off guard by her request. Ecstatic, but nervous about taking her on the lift. Mainly, I wasn't sure how we were going to get off the lift at the top! On the ride up, we took this picture and discussed how we were going to disembark. We agreed that she would hold on to me and I'd try to help her. When the moment came, I lost my balance and we totally crashed. Tears by Megan followed. Great...there goes my inaugural trip down a run with Megan.


Well, she recovered quickly and off we went. I was blown away at how well Megan could ski away from her class. She had the whole control thing down and before I knew it we were at the bottom of the hill and in line for another ride up. This time I let her get off the lift by herself. Piece of cake.


The bummer about snowboarding is that you always have to sit down after getting off a lift to strap you second boot in. Megan had no patience for that and took off while I strapped in. I had to cruise pretty fast to catch up with her halfway down the hill.


After our second run, I was the tired one and requested to leave. Megan agreed, although if she had her way, we would have stayed until the lifts closed. Before we left, she told me that she was very excited for her final class next Saturday. That was music to my ears!

Comments

  1. Woody, she must have forgotten the first fall off the chair. She told me they were all successful. She also told me she went really fast. When I asked how fast, she said she could make the sound with her mouth "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" . I said, wow was that sound in your ears? She replied "No, in my mouth".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment