National Western Stock Show

National Western Stock Show
What a "gas" it was reading your guesses yesterday. I got the "udder" giggles after each one, knowing just how far away you were. Feather Duster? A Dog's Ear? A furry vest on my head? A fur trimmed hood? Yes, you were looking at a fine, soon-to-be rump roast!


On Sunday night, we were officially baptized into "cowboy culture" by attending the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo. I've been to rodeos before, but this was so much more.


We went with Roberts and met up with the Craigs as well. We walked around the indoor stockyard and watched "heifers" like this one (Actually, I don't know if this is a heifer. I just like saying it.), get all gussied up before their waltz into the ring to be judged.


The woman you see crouched down has a set of clippers in hand and is finely sculpting the cows fur. We watched her for a bit. Wow, you would think this beauty was getting ready for Miss Americow! Not a hair was misplaced. I always thought Tanya's side of the bathroom was a sight to behold...but I was astonished to see just how many accessories there are to primp a cow.


I asked Nick...who's in the know on these things...if the winners are pardoned from their death sentences?? "Oh no" was the answer. To the contrary, it sets them on an even more direct trip to our plate!


More fun memories to come tomorrow...

Comments

  1. Haha, nice one! I guess I'm proud to say that I can't recognize a cow's rear-end up-close. I am now definitely afraid of the next guessing game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Tanya it looked like a dogs bottom, but I thought that was too crude - no more holding back. I was raised on a farm and I want to know why this cow had a humans ear under her tail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually take the hide off before eating my steak - so trimming her hide is just a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment