Final Thoughts...

Final Thoughts...
Despite my great experience with the fried twinkie, these cute little cowgirls were my favorite part of the Stock Show. I loved that they dressed the part, complete with their outfits and pink & red boots! I'm glad that I did not dress the part. Tight Wranglers with a tucked in shirt just isn't my style.


The timing of the Stock Show was perfect. I continue to read the "Little House" books to Megan and Zoe, so they are quite in tune with farm life and livestock.


The Stock Show introduced us to a whole new set of smells, sounds and sights. For example, as we walked by one standing horse, Zoe asked me what that black thing was that was hanging from his tummy. Tanya jumped in and called it a "sheath"... and we just left it at that.


One vendor in the expo was selling animal hides...fox, coyote, mink, beaver and....skunk! I was quite fascinated and spent too much time stroking the fur. If the hides didn't cost $85, I might have come home with one.


We ate dinner before the rodeo. Tanya ate a hot dog the size of my arm. It was so large, it kind of grossed me out.


The rodeo was excellent! Definitely a highlight. Those cowboys are tough. I wouldn't make it one day as a cowboy. I'll keep my desk job.

Comments

  1. I meant to post yesterday, if you get a craving for another fried twinkie, i believe Wingin' it has them on the menu. They also have cheap wings every Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woody - it is called the sheath, ask Tanya how she knows. I have a grizzly bear and mule deer hide in the attic for you. I also have an array of deer horns, we could decorate he basement in stock show decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, guess who just googled sheath and was a bit shocked at what she saw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to farm life mlh - its all very innocent in the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment