Update: Love Your Sister Program

Update:  Love Your Sister Program
Despite the sad picture above, the "Love Your Sister" program has be a big success. We are just a few stickers away from a trip to Chuck E Cheeses. The girls have gone through an amazing transformation in how they treat each other. Not perfect, but they are both showin' & feelin' the love and Tanya has remained joyful during this holiday "off track" season.


After my introductory post a couple weeks ago, I created a chart with 24 squares. The rules were well explained and they got right to it. They don't get a sticker for every loving thing they do, as we want to encourage them to love each other even when a sticker isn't on the line.


My brother encouraged me to capture a picture of the first sticker "removal". Well that happened early on. The girls had accumulated about 4 stickers and Zoe decided to kick Megan for no apparent reason. Boy, the "removal" was a very effective deterrent for future "unloving" behavior!

Comments

  1. Remember when you were little, we had a basket of manger hay next to our manger scene. As "kind deeds" were done, a piece of hay was placed into the manger. By Christmas, the manger was full of hay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How effective! When I first opened the page I thought, "Ohhhhhhhh! Poor Zoe!!!!" But I guess those tears were earned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made TANYA and Steve sit around a round table with me holding hands and talking till everyone felt heard. It was the 70's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment