The City That Never Sleeps

The City That Never Sleeps
I recently got to spend a weekend in New York with some of my dear college friends. We meet yearly at someone's house and this year it was Simone's in Manhattan. I had been anticipating the trip for months and couldn't wait to get out there. The only draw back was the fact that I was terrified about going in a cab by myself. It just goes against everything I know to get into a car with a stranger!! Especially a male stranger!


Thankfully the ride was a breeze, just as Simone has assured me. By the end of the weekend I was a taxi riding pro. I even learned, as the locals do, how to cross busy streets without using the "walk" signal!


We had an amazing time walking all over the city. We ate incredible food, saw charming neighborhoods, went to the top of the Rock, relaxed in a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park, shopped, talked, went to church, stayed up late, slept in and laughed...a lot. It was refreshing.

Comments

  1. How very much fun! I have fond memories of visiting my brother in the Big Apple. Glad it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for your group - what a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tradition! I've always wanted to do something like that with my college friends, but so far it has never worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment