First Game!

First Game!
The game on Saturday had everything you'd expect from a pee wee soccer game. Clumps of kids all trying to kick the ball at the same time, overexcited parents with video cameras rolling, dramatic crying from on the field boo boos, and lots of flexibility in the rules (especially the one about not using your hands)!


I was most curious to see just what Megan would do out there? She's never played a team sport before and I wondered if she would play aggressively, just stand there...or get shy and not want to play?? I'm a pretty mellow parent when it comes to the whole "kids playing sports" thing. I just want her to have fun.


The game began with Megan just standing there. But what followed seemed like a nice balance. She was not aggressive at all. In fact she made a point to always stay a few feet away from the crowd. I even saw her run away from the ball when it would come near her.


Despite her desire to avoid the ball, she was always somewhere near the action. She ran up and down the field for the entire game, not once asking to come out. I think she kicked the ball three times. After the game she remarked, "Can you believe someone kicked the ball and it hit me in the shinguards?"

Comments

  1. Yay Megan! (Cheer Cheer Cheer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, my litttle sportster, shin guards are not just for looks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment