Colfax Recap

Colfax Recap
The race yesterday was very fun for me (minus the 6am start). The weather was perfect and the newly designed course was much flatter than the previous 1/2 marathon course. I usually train on hills, so even the gentle incline felt flat to me.


About 5 miles in, I started getting the feeling that I was going too fast. My fear was that I'd run out of gas too early. Fortunately, that didn't happen and I kept chugging along. I was shooting for a 1:35:00. As you can see, I was very pumped to come under that. My actual chip time was: 1:32:37 (I know...Tanya already gives me a lot of flack about having to be exact down to the second. It's a runner's thing.)


At the finish, I was greeted by Tanya & the girls...and Nana! She's been out visiting and I give them all big props for heading out the door at 6:30am to get downtown and make it to the finish. It's such a cool feeling to be finishing a race and see the faces of your loved ones right there!

Comments

  1. Yeah! What an accomplishement! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tirzah & Mike - Thanks for the delicious pre-race meal on Saturday. We had a great time visiting you guys up in Ft. Collins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your studliness Woody. Great job on your new time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment