Dad

Dad
For all the times you picked me up on the snow capped mountain and pointed my skis back downhill...


for all the times you patiently helped me with my math homework with the smell of chocolate on your breath...


for all the times your encouraged me...


for all the time you poured into taking me on camping adventures...


for all the times you flashed your blue eyes at me that made me know that everything was going to be okay...


I am forever thankful.


You have shaped me into who I am and have made a lasting impact on who I want to be. I rejoice that you are enjoying the amazing beauty of Heaven.
Love you,
Tanya


The summer after I graduated from college, my dad and I took scuba diving lessons together. It was pretty humorous. I really enjoyed that time with him. Once certified, we got to explore the coastlines of Aruba, the Channel Islands, and Hawaii (which is where we were in this picture in 2001).

Comments

  1. Galen, For giving me two amazing children that produced 4 perfect grandchildren - I will be forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome T. That was a good time. You know, dad used to brag about how he got re-certified with you. He was so proud that you did that with him. He mentioned that as an experience that changed you into a woman in his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, I do remember that - he was so impressed that Tanya was so "tough"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara (& Wes, Payton, and BMarch 18, 2008 at 7:01 AM

    Tanya, Woody, Megan, & Zoe: We were so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. He sounds like a wonderful man and it was neat to read about him here on your site. We are praying for you...The Syers Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya- We are truly sorry for your loss. You and your entire family are in our thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment