Wedding Music

Wedding Music
The other night, I was playing the piano and started playing "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" while Megan was playing with her dolls on the floor next to me. I stopped shortly after beginning to tell Megan that this song was a "wedding" song. She didn't really acknowledge me. So I played it through and then tried to engage with her a bit more...


Dad: Megan...do you want me to play this song at your wedding?


Megan: No.


Dad: Why not?


Megan: Because you're going to be in heaven.


Dad: What?!? I'm not going to be in heaven. I'm totally going to be there walking you down the aisle the day you get married.


Megan: Well, it's going to take me a long time to get that old.


Comments

  1. Her remark brought back memories of how long each hour was - leave along a day or - y gosh a week - why why why when we are on the other end of the age spectrum time flies by so quickly? Come on you "oldsters peers" give me some clues. I don't think it because we have so much to do - Megan and Zoe keep top speed busy all day long....hmmm? PS - Megan, you have a wonderful Daddy that spends time talking and playing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, from the mouths of babes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is delightful! I love the stuff they say!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment